Friday, May 1, 2015

Enjoy the Little Things Bicycle Card - The Craft Garden





Mixed Media Bicycle Card hand colored with Prismacolor Penciles: This is the first card I have made in almost 4 and half years. My big passion is Mixed Media, Altered & Recycled art and I never seem to get around to something this simplistic. It was rather a nice change and enjoy the over all theme as I also love Vintage.

The main focal point is a Victorian lady riding a bicycle and came from on old Victorian advertisement. She is one of the designs I will be adding to my new Collectibles and Ephemera digital stamp series. Since I like my printed images very clean this process seems to be taking a bit longer than I original though but I will get there and these will be available to the pubic soon. 

I created this little simple gem for this months challenge over at The Craft Garden. The them for this month is  a couple of inspiration photos with an over all theme of  the Tour de Yorkshire bike race.

The process of creating my  card:
I colored the main focal point with Prismacolor pencils and blended them with odorless turpentine to give them a smoother look. The sentiment on the bottom was digitally created. The green and white raised background was created by running some card-stock I received from my daughter though my Cuddle bug and then sanding the surface lightly with an emery board. The decorative hanging embellishment was made from a decorative clip, a gold button and an element that came from a second hand find piece of jewelry. 

I hope you have enjoyed a look at  a bit of bicycle riding from days gone by and hope you will go visit this months challenge at The Craft Garden and see what the rest of the team has created. I hope you will come share our own art with us as well.

Recycled Items:  Spiral Paper Clip, Antique Button & Part of a dangling Old Earring.


No comments: