Friday, May 1, 2015

Altered Tussie Mussie Eclectic Ellapu

This is my very first Tussie Mussie

Altered Tissue Mussie with porcelain figurine
I created this piece especially for this months challenge on Eclectic Ellapu .  It is rather a different type project for me, and it was a bit of a challenge, but it was such great fun to make.  I can truly say this was a labor of love because almost everything I used is either recycled, I made myself or been kicking around my art room for the past 15 years.

Altered Mixed Media Tissue Mussie


My List of Supplies.

I found the lovely little porcelain bust as well as the green tassel attached to the bottom in a thrift store 2 years ago and this was the perfect project for them .


The lace, netting, pink ribbon and white leaves left over from projects I made about 15 years ago.

 I created the Once upon a time  digital sentiment for this because the little doll looks like she is surrounded by a surreal garden and belongs in a fairy tale.

The tiny heart under the bow is made with a punch and I used scraps too small for anything else. I painted the little heart with glitter finger nail polish.

The centers of the flowers are buttons and dollar store rhinestones. The Pearl element on the bottom was also a dollar store purchase.

Lastly my gold wire. I would be lost without this in my art room. I bought a huge roll when I was making wire flowers and still have lots left.

I hope you enjoyed my little Altered Tissue Mussie and will go on over to the Eclectic Ellapu and check out all the lovely things the rest of the team made. Who knew that there were so many different types of Tissue Mussies. :) I also hope you will come share your own art with us and I look forward to seeing your projects too.

:) Chris / CS Designs

3 comments:

Carol said...

Love your tussie mussie Chris, so pretty and original. Carol x

Joi at RR said...

I saw this earlier today and just now had time to get back and admire it Chris. I have never heard of a Tussie Mussie. Some of the ones I have seen are unique to be sure! But I must say - I do like yours - it has a nice theme and I like the form/design alot. I have no expertise at all in the Tussie Mussie Kingdom but... I'd say yours is near the top of WONDERFUL! j.

Michele said...

wow so creative and lovely! xo