Thursday, April 2, 2015

Steampunk Envelope Book Eclectic Ellapu

It has been a long time since I made an envelope book and I had forgotten how much fun they can be and also such a great place to store special little mementos or things you want to be able to find easily.

 recycled art steampunk envelope book

 I created this one for this months challenge on Eclectic Ellapu. It is sort of a vintage combined with steampunk theme and I made it to store some of my printed digital designs with a similar themes.

  The cover of the box is made from left over mat board from framing. I covered the outside of my envelope book with text weight designer paper and used another piece of left over mate board to create a focal point for the font cover which would also hold the red satin ribbon in place

Steampunk recycled art altered envelope book


steampunk envelope book recycled re-purposed art I covered the the piece of extra mat board with strips from recycled book pages.  I then layered various elements on the top to create a sort of steam punk montage. Most of the backgrounds come from my Digital Engravings Background digital stamp series. The round clock elements are new some of my new original steam punk digital stamps which I will be adding to my CS Designs store soon.


 I then layered various elements on the top to create a sort of steam punk montage. Most of the backgrounds come from my Digital Engravings Background digital stamp series. The round clock elements are new some of my new original steam punk digital stamps which I will be adding to my CS Designs store soon.

steampunk digital stamp recycled art envelope book

The two photos directly above show the inside of the book as well as some of the types of designs I am going to store in my book.

The main focal point as well as some of the other designs shown inside the book are from my new CS Designs Digital Stamp Collectables and Ephemera Series. I plan to add quite a few new designs to this collection  which will expand the range of themes in the store.

Recycled Items for this project:
Pieces of old mat board left over from framing paintings used for the book cover (front, back and spine)
Printed page from old book
Small pieces of my printed original backgrounds left over from other mixed media projects
Red Satin Ribbon left over from creating mini grape vine wreaths
White stationary envelopes
Note: All digital designs are from my new Collectable & Ephemera digital stamps series.

I hope you have enjoyed my Recycled Envelope Seampunk Book and will go check out all the other fabulous projects showcased on this months challenge on Eclectic Ellapu, while you are there please don't for get to share your own wonderful projects with us.

Thanks for stopping by, take care all and hope you have a fantastic day. :)

My Vintage / Steampunk Envelope Book is entered in the following challenges:
Rhedd's Creative Spirit ... Altered Art
Not Just Cards ... #16
2 Creative Chicks ... #25 Anything Goes No Cards
Crafting Musketeers ... #24 It's a Man's World
Ladybug Crafts ... Anything Goes ... A New Start

11 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Like I have already said I absolutely love your creative imagination sweetie. This book is gorgeous and I feel I need to make some for Christmas pressies this year - Fabulous inspiration xx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Fabulous design Chris, I just love the idea, so creative! Love that sentiment and your colour palette is wonderful! hugs :)

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards Challenge and Happy Easter!
Monica - DT

Claire said...

hi Chris, wow this is stunning. So many gorgeous details
Claire xx

Julie Short said...

Chris the colours on your envelope book are wow! As Elaine said they would make great gifts. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

Joi at RR said...

Hi Chris! Your envelope books is fantastic. The reason I like it so much is because it has lots of layers and dimension but yet... it is so simple and "tailored" looking - uncluttered - clean! Hmmm - not sure how to say what I mean. The colors all blend perfectly and enhance the theme too. Anyway - bottom line... it's awesome! j.

Nana said...

Beautiful. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Sammy said...

Love it! And such a great idea... Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Pam said...

Wow awesome book!
Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

Kerrie Brown said...

such a brilliant project so inspiring

thank you so much for entering the Mans World Challenge by Crafting Musketeers

Hugs Kerrie x
CM DT

Crafting Musketeers said...

Thank you for entering this months challenge over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog , we love your entry xx