Thursday, January 1, 2015

Vintage Peach Dream ATC

Arty digital stamp ATC Art trading card

Here's hoping everyone's New Year has gotten off to a great start and ready for what this new year has to offer, hopefully lots of good things, :).

For my first project for this year, I created a vintage Art Trading Card / ATC for the January challenge over at The Craft Garden. This months theme is a color challenge with some really pretty colors in grey and peach. Even though the colors are lovey, I really struggled with this one. At first glance though my supplies, I  though I didn't have alot of elements to pull this one off, but I did manage to find a few things that I though might work.

The text on the grey background is my  How do I love Thee digital stamp background. The simple word Dream is also printed. For the main focal point I used an image from my ephemera collection. I cleaned cleaned ad re colored the image to match the peach tones of the color challenge. As accents I used a paper doily, peach embroidery a bit of netting I have had for quite some time. The embellishment at the top right hand corner is just a punched circle and mini flower which I stacked and layered to create depth and then topped off  with a little white rhinestone,. For me this is a pretty simple project but hope you like it.

Be sure to visit The Craft Garden and check out the fabulous projects by the rest of the team.

5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning Chris. The grey and peach definitely lends itself to a vintage theme, which you have pulled off amazingly here. Adore the flower with the netting. Wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very cool ATC- love the BG text, love the colors together.

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo! Oh so vintage! Loving this peachy color scheme.

Michele said...

gorgeous. love the color! xo

Desire Fourie said...

Beautifully vintage. Just adore the peach colouring and the netting with the flower.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}