Monday, December 1, 2014

Stylized Goddess Dream Catcher

Goddess dream catcher altered art
I am rather excited about this piece. It is my very first project as a Team Member for the Altered Eclectic challenge blog. I wanted to make something really special for it so created a Stylized Dream Catcher to hang on my Art Room Wall, catch all my creative dreams and keep them in a beautiful place. I hope it will also serve to remind me to never give up on myself and always follow the dreams I have for my Art.

I found the silver glitter heart which I used as a foundation at the dollar store.  It was among the Christmas items, but as soon as I saw I was struck for the idea for this project and knew what I wanted to do with it.

 The lovely angelic face in the center is from my Little Charmers digital stamp series which I originally created because I have been wanting to create some Fiber Goddess Dolls. The pink layers with the silver thread wrapped around them are round circle shapes from my Spirelli Ready to Print kit . The beads are all Dollar Store finds and the silver wire is plain old garden wire.

I have not done any kind of how to on this project because the process was pretty simple and if my project inspires you enough to make your own, I think it should be something that comes from your own heart.

I hope you will drop by Altered Eclectics and share your own projects with us. I am sure you will also enjoy the awesome projects created by the rest of the Team.

I am thrilled to be part of this team, and want to say thank you to Elaine for giving me this opportunity. It is such a pleasure to work with her and the rest of the team.

 Note: I had a slight mishap with my digital camera and meant to post more photos for this project but it didn't happen. I also think the photo above could have been better and may try taking it again as soon as I get my camera sorted out.



My Goddess Dream Catcher has been entered in the following challenges:
Not Just Cards ... #7 Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks ... #21 Make an Ornament ... (Dream Catcher wall ornament but could also be hung on a Christmas Tree or a window)
Quirky Crafts ... #24 Going Around in Circles
A Little Bit Crafty .. Anything but Christmas


14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Chris. This is a stunning dream catcher. It really is so dreamy with the pink and silver. Such a happy creation.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Vickie Y said...

Wow! I LOVE this, Chris. Very creative. Welcome to the AE Team! Hugs, DT Sis Vickie

Carol said...

A gorgeous project Chris, the colours are so pretty. Carol x

crafty creations said...

Beautiful work Chris - love it

Have a great Christmas time

Your new teamy Hilda

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful Chris. Love the soft colours and design. Judy

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Well I think the ladies have already said what I was going to say - to hell with it - this is stunning Chris. Look forward to seeing more of your creations. Pleased you an Eclectic girly xx

Michele said...

this is beyond stunning! i love the color scheme. this would definitely ensure the sweetest of dreams! xo

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW is this ever gorgeous! Love the pink and silver and how clever to use a Christmas ornament in this way. Fabulous, Chris! xxD

Nana said...

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Nana said...

Beautiful. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Spyder said...

this is really sweet! thank you for playing along with Quirky Crafts!
((Lyn)) DT

Antonella said...

Love your gorgeous dream catcher! This is a beautiful project and her sweet face.

I linked over from the "Ornament Challenge" where I am participating too with my Nativity and 3D Christmas Tree Ornaments. Would love it if you'd stop by.

Hugs,
Antonella
www.quilling.blogspot.com

Pam said...

This is such a beautiful ornament!
Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning Chris. Just love the wall hanging concept with the dangling beads.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}