Monday, November 5, 2012

A Piece of Your Own Heart

Sometimes life has a habit of getting in the way of even the things you love and because my life has been so busy and hectic lately, I have been neglecting my Doodle Pieces blog which I truly enjoy. I now realize that it is time to make a few changes. Today besides the ATC on the left, I have a bit of news for you but first I will tell you a little bit about my ATC on the left. The main focal point is one of my new Original Expressive Hearts which you will see released very soon. The Expressive Heart Digital Stamp Design has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine and paper stumps. The background  on the left half of the card is some of my hand made paper which has been wrinkled, painted and spattered with gold to give it a little sparkly. The right side is a piece of recycled greeting card.  The flower was punched out of the same home made background paper and the quote is one of my original sentiments. I hope you will enjoy seeing my ATC and promise to add more Art on a regular basis.

Now for the New. If you visited our challenges Art With No Boundaries and our Recycle-Re-Purpose & Re-Invent challenges today you probably notice that there were no challenges on either blog and there was a note telling our visitors and regular followers why. For those who haven‘t visit our challenges yet, I have included the explanation below.

Today we would like to announce that both our Art With No Boundaries and our Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent challenges are closing. We have had alot of fun with these and would like to thank all of you for the wonderful inspiration and friendship you have shared with us. Although this seems like it should be rather a sad occasion, it is actually a very happy and exciting one. Just like the caterpillar who turns into a beautiful butterfly and takes flight, our Art With No Boundaries is evolving into something new and we hope very wonderful. Starting next month Art With No Boundaries will become an online Magazine / Ezine for Papercrafters, and Collage and Mixed Media Artists. We have some great things planned for you and hope all of you will continue to follow us and visit us often. Our Primer / First issue will go on line December 1st. You will be able to read more about this throughout the month on our personal blogs. We will be taking both project submissions and applications for Guest Artists and Contributors and hope you will consider sharing your art with us once again.

:) Chris and The Team

I though the sentiment on my ATC quite appropriate for this occasion. Even though I did so on our challenge blogs. I wold also like to take this opportunity here on my personal blog and say Thank You to Everyone who participate in our challenges and for sharing a piece of their Heart with us.


A Piece of Your Own Heart ATC has been submitted to the following Challenges;
Make It Monday #114 ... Always Anything Goes ... Always a Fun Challenge
ATCs with Attitude ... #26 Add a Sentiment / Anything Goes
Raise the Bar ...  #18 Anything Goes
Simply Create  Too #25 Yellow, Orange and  B

8 comments:

Shirley-anne said...

Hi Chris ..exciting news Good luck with new pathway ..
Love the colourful ATC.Great recycling .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

MezzoKat said...

Love the new heart sentiment, Chris. Looking forward to the first issue of the Ezine!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love the colors but the image in the heart is amazing! By the way, I sailed in from Make It Monday :) P.S. I have Santa’s Candy on my blog !

Joanne said...

I am so delighted to see your ATC and even more so that you have entered it into our challenge at ATCs with Attitude.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Chris: Your ATC is so very cute--- Thanks for joining in our COLORS Challenge. Can hardly wait for your on-line magazine--I'm now a Follower!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

What a fabulous card! I love the sentiment! Ty for joining us @ Simply Create Too!! Please join us again soon!


Amanda
SCTDT
http://cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your artsy faces, and the sentiment you wrote is wonderful. Change is always good, so I wish you the best in your new venture. Blessings!

Ellis said...

Hi Chris!
Looking forward to see the new ezine coming live! =)
Wonderful ATC you made, great colors and love the sentiment! =)
Hugs, Elenor