Monday, July 9, 2012

Cosmo Hold Fast to Your Dreams Art Tag

After a very long time without a printer, I finally have not only one but two, (Long Story), but the gist of it is I can finally print out my new designs and not only put them in my CS Designs Store but I can play with my own designs once again. I must admit I was going through a bit of withdraw.

This is my first new project since my Solitaire Steampunk Solitaire which you can see on the left hand sidebar. It won a featured spot on the Love To Create blog and it is my first for a challenge and was a nice surprise.

My New Art Tag uses my new Cosmo design, she is part of my ever growing Celestial Digital Design Stamp Collection, and I have grown quite fond of her, she has a quite and lovely demure and whimsical personality. Cosmo, as with most of my other work has been colored with Prisma Color pencils and blended with orderless turpentine. The middle layer of the Art Tag is a piece of recycled greeting card and the long green and brown beads are handmade and rolled from scrap paper. beads, The bottom layer of the card has been embossed with my Cuttlebug and sanded for a distressed effect.

This week Cosmo is being featured on Art With No Boundaries Challenge Blog along with the rest of my Team. This is part 2 of our challenge which was posted last week and the theme is Anything Goes and the Bonus Round is called Summer Skies.  If you create a project with the Summer Skies theme you will be elegiable to win the Original Quote / Sentiment shown in my Art Tag. This is an original quite which you won't find anywhere else on the web because I came up with it and created especially for Cosmo. I think she is such a pretty little thing and felt she needed something of her very own. Hope you like both Cosmo and the new quote.

I hope you will stop by Art With No Boundaries and share your art with us and know you will enjoy seeing the wonderful examples created but the CS Designs Team, as always they have gone all out and created some fantastic pieces.


Cosmo Hold Fast To Your Dreams is playing in the following Challenges.

Art With No Boundaries ... Anything Goes / Summer Skies
Make It Monday ... Always Anything Goes Link Party
Tammy's Scrappin Corner ... Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge ... 153-Sentimentally Yours

12 comments:

Beverly G said...

So glad you got your printer.
Your tag is another stunner. You are truly a think outside the box artist. Love those colors and the paper beads are a wonderful finishing touch.

Bonnie Irvine said...

This tag is so rich in texture and colour. It's just gorgeous. I love the multi layers and the extra detail in each one. The colouration of Cosmo is beautiful. What a perfect quote for her. Lovin' those paper beads mixed in with the fibres, too.

Paula said...

I am so pleased that you have finally got your printer and that you are able to play and create with your designs again. I love the multi layers to your tag and the coloured highlights in Cosmo's hair. The quote is inspiring and perfect for Cosmo :o)

Ellis said...

Your tag looks really dreamy and I realy like all the colors you've used! =)
Her green hair with the different shades looks neat! =)
Congrats on finally getting your printer! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Lori said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the handmade beads and Cosmo's awesome hair color. The sentiment is perfect and wonderful!

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful tag, Chris! Love the sentiment. We're so honored that you chose to play in the "Anything Goes" challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Tammy Ortiz said...

Oh I love this tag. This is so elegant and whimsy.

I am so pleased you
decided to join us for our Challenge.
Hugs, Founder and Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner, Tammy Ortiz

Lexie Kay said...

I saw your entry on Make-it-Monday and I must say this tag is simply amazing. It makes me feel peaceful. You did a beautiful job with this. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning, I love the beautiful image and the earthy colours are gorgeous, wonderful sentiment too
Lindsay xx

Kathy said...

Gorgeous! Such a pretty and artistic looking tag. Love the sentiment, too. Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge Blog this time around.

Annie said...

Gorgeous tag Chris and I love the handmade beads. Well done re being featured too x

mark gould said...

beautiful tag, love the colours and the ribbon with the beads ties in brilliantly. looks stunning.
thank you for stopping my my blog and leaving such a nice comment yesterday.x
mark