Thursday, May 31, 2012

Steampunk Solitaire Round Heavy Metal

You would not believe how much fun I had making this little metal wall hanging. Not only did I have fun coloring my new Steampunk Solitaire, but I got to smash, fold, spindle and mutilate, which is always a great way to spend the day. The main focal point for this is one of the designs from my  new Steampunk Collection. Part of the collection is being released today and the rest in the next few days for our challenge on Art With No Boundaries on June 4th. The lovely Solitaire has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine.  

 The frame is actually a smashed canning jar lid and it has been embellished with all kinds of doodads including a couple of pieces of old chain, a metal butterfly I bout a few years ago, some gold wire and a couple of unknown oddities with the word Cleaver stamped into them. Well the little rounds are not really unknown to me, but you will have to guess what they are.

Want to Win This Design?

  About now you might be thinking you have no idea what they are, and who really cares. Well you might care because if you can figure it out what they are and will send me the correct answer, you will be entered into a draw to win this beautiful Solitaire design used to create this metal hanging.

 The winner will be selected on June 15th by Random Org from the list of players with the collect answer.

Put on your thinking caps because, you have to answer correctly in order to be included in the draw. Not even my Designers got this one, so surprise, you can play too.  Be sure not to post your answer to the web or the comment area as you don't want to give away your answer to the competition.


This Steampunkk Soliaire Round was created for the Heavy Metal challenge on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent challenge which was just posted today. This challenge is also a tribute to the Handy Men in our lives and to celebrate Father's Day, so this would be a good time to go look at what those handy men have been saving and ask sweetly if we can use it in our Art. The oddities in question previously belonged to my Hubby. 

Steampunk solitaire is also being featured along side the fabulous examples by the CS Design Team, on our Recycle, Re-Purpose Re-Invent challenge blog. All the examples are Heavy Metal, are all absolutely fabulous and your just going to love what everyone created.

New Designers: We have also added 3 new designs to the CS Designs Team, so be sure to stop by their blogs, congratulations and have a look around at their beautiful art.


This  month we are again having two different challenges on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent. The first is an Anything Goes and the theme for our Bonus Round is called Heavy Metal and you guessed it you have to use something metal. Those who play in our Bonus Round will also have a chance to win the Steampunk Solitiaire. This gives you two chances to win so what are you waiting for, shos us some metal.
  Besides having the possibilities to win the Beautiful Steampunk Solitaire on my Doodle Pieces, you can also have a chance to win by playing the Bonus Round on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent, so come and join  us and show us some Metal.


I've been working on new Steampunk designs for over a year now and hope you like this little glimps, I will add more when I have time.

Steampunk Solitaire is playing in the following challenges: 

Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent. ... 2 challenges Anything Goes & Heavy Metal... Monthly Challenge.

Smudgy Antics ... Embellish It
Make it Monday ... Link Party 91
Tammy's Scrapin Corner ... Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays ... Anything Goes
So Artful ... Steampunk

19 comments:

Vee Cassidy said...

how absolutely beautiful. Must enter the challenge! Vee xx

Bonnie Irvine said...

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning. I love the colours you've chosen for her. The smashed ring is brilliant and a perfect frame for all of the metal pieces. This is one of my absolute faves that you've done. Outstanding!
Bonnie DT

Lori said...

This is fabulous! Love the colors and how cool is the smashed jar lid!

Yvonne said...

OMG, fabulous piece of art, Chris!

Paula said...

I love the round solitaire and the bright colours.The metal embellishments just make this piece shine out from the page. Beautiful design:O)

CTgirl said...

Oh my, Chris, this is such a wonderful heavy metal creation! It really looks like it was fun to put together. I just love every little detail, the dragonfly, chain, the 'clever' buttons!
And your colouring, such lovely colours!!
Thanks for inspiring me.
Rene

monique said...

this is stunningly beautiful love it, thanks for sharing at Smudgy Antics

I Don't Do Straight said...

Cool wall hanging. Great image and FAB embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week :)

~Lady B~ said...

Wow! This is wicked cool!!! The colours of the image go so well with the embellishments. Very striking! Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics :)

Marjorie said...

Wow!! This is stunning, Saw this on MIM..It is so creative, and you seem to get drawn in lol!!Stunning colouring too!!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

kaleidoscopeimpressions said...

Saw this on MIM!
So glad I did - this is amazing. Love your steampunk wall hanging!
Sent you an email with the answer to your question.
hugs,
JoyceAnn

Ellis said...

Fabulous wallhanging you've made Chris, nothing is wrong with smashing once in a while! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Tammy Ortiz said...

Oh Chris,
This is amazing. I love the Steampunk. I have to do one of these for a DT team soon, Now you got my mind working lol

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your image and you've showcased it beautifully with these embellies. Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week.
ps email sent with an answer to your challenge

Berni Cuttino said...

You are one talented lady. I love your blog and your card is simply striking. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugs

Berni Cuttino said...

This is so striking with the artsy of bold colors. I just love it. Definitely a collector piece. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugs

Ally White Cat said...

wonderful piece of art. i love it.
susan s.

Lisa M said...

OHHHH my goodness! Definitely a new follower of yours and this is smashing! (HA! I think I just made a pun there.) Love your work and SO happy you shared it with us at Make It Monday.

I do know what these items are but I'm having the worst time emailing you. Seems something isn't installed correctly on my end. :(

Thanks so much for the amazing inspiration. LOOOVE Steampunk.
Lisa xx

Marjorie said...

Hi hun, I just knew Lisa would love this too...thank you for the lovely comments on my blog..you might want to take another look on my blog today..;)
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx