Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Solitaire Swirl Monocle Bingo Chip

It's time for another challenge  at Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent hosted by CS Designs and this month we are having a combination theme of Anything Goes with a special sub-theme called A Plastic Existence were the Team would like to invite you to join us in recycling Plastic in your Art.
I created this ATC for the recycle challenge and it is being featured this month along with the Team's examples. The main focal point is the beautuful Solitaire Swirl & Monocle and she has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine.
The round eye piece shown over one of her eyes is an old recycled plastic Bingo Chip. I went to a swap meet a few years ago and bought a basket full of all kinds of odds and ends I planed to use in my art. Once I got home and went to check out what I had bought, I discovered a bag full of old plastic Bingo Chips at the bottom of the basket.

 I've had these chips stored in one of the large drawers in my art room since I got them and though this was the perfect opportunity to use at least one of them. I think this chip looks like it was made especially for Solitaire and can't wait to try a few more on her. While most of the chips in the bundle are red and orange, there are also a couple of really pretty blue ones that I can't wait to use now that I've figured out what to do with them. I also thought I might try drilling holes in some of them to use as buttons.

Both the base and the background on this Atc are also recycled and I have use a couple of pieces of old greeting cards. There is a second hand store that I visit frequently that sells packages of used card fronts and I have baskets full of these so it is always easy to find the perfect color combination when I create art from scraps. 

Be sure to check out the new Anything Goes / A Plastic Existence Recycle challenge. This month we are offering another special recycle sentiment as a prize. This is a special sentiment that is not available in the CS Designs store and the only way you can win this one is to play in our Recycle, Re-Purpose- & Re-Invent Bonus Round and show us some plastic in your Art.


Solitaire is playing in the following challenge ...
Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent ... Recycle Anything Goes / Sub-Theme Plastic
Smudgy Antics ... Drop Dead Gorgeous... I think Solitaire is always gorgeous no matter what mask she decides to wear.
Monday-challenge-Creative Monday ... #7 Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrappin Corner ... #8 Anything Goes
Make it Monday ... Link Party

24 comments:

Sharon said...

Great ATC Chris - love the colour scheme and a great idea to use the bingo chip on the monocle of the image - perfect!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

How innovative to use the bingo chip! Such a work of art you have created!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Chana said...

Too Cool! I love your bingo chip monocle very clever! I just startment making flowers out of the acetate that comes on so many crafting supplies. My DH complained that I was sending him to the recycling center with all that "stuff" so I started saving it. I will have to check out more of these challenges. I saw you BTW on MIM!
Hugz,
Chana, DT Coordinator
Jackson's Digital Expressions

Tammy said...

Fantastic ATC Chris and I love that bingo chip!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your artwork is awesome and so unique...I see some shopping in my future!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is super Cute. Wow, amazing.
I love this design.
Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs DT Tammy Ortiz

Ginny Getty said...

I saw your card on MIM... what a nice card - enjoyed the coloring.
~ginny

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wow Chris how stunning. Great job. Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner and good luck in the drawing. Sassy Raggedy

Cheryl said...

Fabulous ATC! I really love the sentiment. (So true!)


I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m numbers 107 & 109)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Such a Beautiful card Chris. I saw this on Make-it-Monday. Faye

ike said...

Awesome colouring and a fabulous creation. Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics :-)

Samantha said...

Fabulous card very eye catching! saw it on Make it Monday and had to come see a closer look! hugs me x

Tip Top said...

Heheh - I do things like that - because I ALWAYS know that one day it will come in handy!!

Annie said...

Hi Chris love your atc and the bingo chip is perfect. I just love it when you find something you can use from your stash. I am also 'over the moon' to be a featured artist on your Recycle blog. Thank you so much. I look forward to viewing your own creations and that of the DT and plan to participate in this month's challenge, using your sentiment of course ! Happy crafting.......Annie :)

Purple Card Lady said...

Chris, love this card! I really love the sentiment. It is so true.

monique said...

awesoeme colours love the atc thanks for sharing at Smudgy Antics

I Don't Do Straight said...

FAB image beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week :)

Create With Joy said...

Thanks so much for visiting me at Create With Joy - you have a DELIGHTFUL blog filled with beautifully funky art! :-) I am looking forward to exploring your site, and I'd like to invite you to share your awesome ATCs & other delightful creations with us at Inspire Me Monday, my weekly creative party! :-)

Also, I wanted to invite you to peek at my "cat in the fridge" since you mentioned him in your comment:

http://www.create-with-joy.com/2012/04/wordless-wednesday-get-out-of-the-fridge.html

My boys are SO charming, they get away with all sorts of naughtiness!

Have a great weekend and

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com

Kim Bell said...

Very nice layout. I love the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Hugz
Kim

Michelle said...

Hi

Don't you just love how things work out sometimes?

That bingo chip was meant for this ATC.

Brilliant!

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

CTgirl said...

What a lovely ATC!
Clever use of the Bingo Chip. I really love the colours you used, they are fabulous!

Rene

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Hi Chris, loving the colour and colouring of you beautiful image. Using the little bingo chip looks just so right. Thank you for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week

~Lady B~ said...

I love the sentiment and the color scheme! You have recycled fabulously and that bingo chip monocle rocks! Awesome ATC. Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics :)

MezzoKat said...

I love the coloring of this ATC! Solitaire is lovely, as usual, and must be very pleased that you've given her a new monocle!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Love how you used the bingo chip. This is such a fabulous design.
Very inspiring.