Monday, May 7, 2012

Solitaire Spirelli Fit to be Tied.

Before I get today's project, I have several announcements.  The first is CS Designs is having A Design Team Call. If you are interested in joining my team, please visit the Design Team Member Application Page and send me the information requested there.

Today it is also time of another great challenge on Art With No Boundaries. This fortnight  we are having two different challenges at the same time, an Anything Goes challenge and a special Bonus Round challenge called Fit to be Tied.We are also offering the Gentle Heart sentiment below as a prize for the Bonus Round so be sure drop by and check out both challenges. 



Now for a bit about my Art Tag above. The main focal point for this Tag is Solitaire Swirl and Monocle and she is one of my original digital designs from my Solitaire Digital Design Collection. Solitaire has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine. The top corner piece wrapped with silver embroidery thread is one of the shapes from my original Spirelli, Manual Cut Ready to Print Kit. The rose background is recycled from an old greeting card.

This Solitaire Tag was created for and is being featured on the Fit to be Tied challenge on Art With No Boundaries.


Solitaire Spirelli Fit to be Tied is playing in the following challenges.

Art |With No Boundaries ... 2 challenges Anything Goes & Fit to be Tied
Recycle, Re-Purpose & Reinvent... 2 challenges Anything Goes and Plastic
Make it Monday ... Always Anything Goes Link Party

21 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag, love the coloring and the silver embroidery thread.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is a beautiful tag. You are very talented.

Oh wow, I am totally honoured to have been selected to feature with the Anything Goes challenge for April, amidst such talented fellow featured artists. I will with pride display my badge in the sidebar of my blog (which I have already done). Thank you also for the lovely challenges you host.

Hugs
Desire

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is stunningly beautiful. She is one of my favourite images and I love how the spirelli adds to her exotic feel. Your matting provides such a great contrast to the softness of the image, background and fibres. WoW!

Kate said...

Wow, fabulous design! I love the stitching and gold on the leaves!

MaRyKaY said...

wow this is gorgeous. Love the color that you chose. That thread wrap thing is awesome. Reminds me of that old art you dont see much of anymore where you nail a bunch of tacks down on wood and criss cross some type of string to form a picture. I have sailboats now on my wall.
Thanks for your nice comments on my journal page and thanks for showcasing my piece.

Marie Gamber said...

Your blog is wonderful and your tag is stunning! Love your creations!
Hugs,
Marie

Suzanne J Dean said...

Gorgeous tag, love the pink and face image..wonderfully done!

hugz,
Suzanne J Dean

Sandy said...

This is just lovely the gold is outstanding on the leaves. Love the face with the circle on the eye. The lovely tie with the beads its all just put together so well to make a fantastic tag. saw this on MIM Sandy :)

Ellapu said...

This is truly beautiful tag... fantastic hun x

Saw you on MIM and thanks for your comments x

Sherryn said...

This is a fantastic tag, saw it on MIM xx

Rene said...

This is amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! For a chance at a second prize, don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM! Good luck,
Rene :D

Birgit said...

This is stunning! Love the colouring and I love the prisma pencils also:) I saw this on MIM. It reminds me of a combo-Japanese animation art and Marlene Dietrich from her silent days when she wore a monocle in one film

MezzoKat said...

I love the use of a Spirelli piece to decorate Solitaire's monocle. The colors are lovely.

Lori said...

Your tag is gorgeous! I'm so impressed with our designs. I'm off to visit your store again!

Kathlene said...

I use prismacolor pencils too with OMS but you have truly perfected the technique. Your art tag is amazing! Love that digi and the beautiful touch of silver thread and veining in the leaves. Awesome work! Hugs, Kathy P.S. Saw you at MIM.

Becky said...

Wow, this piece is great, and having taken a look at the rest of your blog I am off to find your 'follow' button! I also want to thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! Bx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Wow, this is fabulous!

Thanks for stopping in to comment on my card Chris. Saw this on MIM.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

CTgirl said...

This is such a lovely tag! The detail on the leaves, the pretty colours, all just add to the beauty of your project!

Stamping Shanni said...

Chris this is a beautiful tag and I can't believe that you have coloured with pencils! WOW! I love the layout and the felling of "abstract" that blends so perfectly with other more traditional embellishments. Saw it on MIM.
Stamping Shanni

Sharon said...

OMG Chris this is absolutely stunning _ WOW WOW WOW - I love everything about it!!! Great colours, great image and fantastic Spirelli - never thought to use it on the corner like that!!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

so beautiful card….. love the combo and cute image
i see it on Make it Monday….

Hugs

Bella