Monday, May 21, 2012

Never too Old Paper Art Doll

I had so much fun with my Spirelli Copper Art Doll I made last week that I decided to make another Paper Art Doll. This time I used some of my new Original Digital Frame Designs. I use the Striped Circular Petal Frame to frame her face and the Striped Square Scalloped Frame over her body. Instead of cutting out the middle of the frames, I left them intact. The face was colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine. The frames were colored with Sharpie markers and the white is gel pen. The face and the body template are from my soon to be released Paper  Art Doll Templates. The "Never Too Old Sentiment" is from my Express Yourself Series.

Never too Old  was created for and is being featured on this fortnight's Anything Goes / A Frame of Mind challenge on Art With No Boundaries.

This week we are again having two different challenges at the same time, an Anything Goes challenge and a special Bonus Round challenge called A Frame of Mind. We are also offering another prize for our Bonus Round this week so drop by for a chance to win and have a look at the rest of the Teams fabulous examples while you are there. We also love it when you share your art with us so be sure to add your creations to the challenge.
 


Never too old Paper Art Doll is playing in the following challenges.

Never Too Old Art Doll is playing in the following challenges:
Art With No Boundaries ... 2 challenges Anything Goes &A Frame of Mind
Make it Monday ... Always Anything Goes / Link Party

15 comments:

Heather said...

I am loven all your Paper Dolls Chris!! I really need to do a paper doll!! I love how you have her positioned in your photos...shows she has a little attitute! The layering gives such great dimension!
Hugs!1

Bonnie Irvine said...

Art dolls are so fun. This one is so playful and happy. She has a wonderful shape and the layered frames are awesome. I love these new frames. I definitely see them in my future:) They lend themselves to a lot of uses.
Thanks for the inspiration, Chris.

Meggymay said...

Fantastic doll, the red is so vibrant, it draws the eye to her beautiful face and how true is that wonderful quote.
Yvonne

Ellis said...

Marvellous paper doll Chris, love the different poses too! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Paula said...

Hi Chris I really like your paper doll, the colours the frame and especially the fun way you have posed her. It makes want to play
Paula

Sharon said...

Wow this is so great Chris! Love how you have used your new frames to make this paper doll - great colours too and I love the brads you have used to attach the arms & legs! Very inspirational!

Rene said...

Lol! This is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment on another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
Rene ;D

Chana said...

This is so cool! I love the entire project, but the framing around the face is fantastic!

Big Hugz,
Chana

Beverly G said...

Love these colors so vibrant and the poses are fantastic, as well as the dimension.

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the colors you used and the fun poses.

Merry said...

I love the shape of your art doll and her beautiful face. I tried one on these for the first time a couple of weeks ago. So much fun. Saw yours on Make it Monday.

Heather said...

Love your Paperdoll...which I know you already know!! This time I am visiting from MIM!! I agree..you are never to old to play with paper dolls!! I have to make one!!
Hugs
Heather

Laney Delaney said...

ooh this is fabulous!! saw it over at MIM and just had to pop by and take a closer look
hugs
laney

Titbelsoeur toute seule said...

Your art dolls are amazing !!

Vee Cassidy said...

Fabulous creation how lovely to see how well your different designs can be used together so effectively. Vee xx