Tuesday, January 17, 2012

CS Designs Pirouette and Striped Tree ATCs

I just create these ATCs for the new Art With No Boundaries January challenge which is all about expressing your self and sharing what inspires you. These ATC were created using some of my new designs from the "Express Yourself Series" and the main focal point is Pirouette a rather funky dancer with an obvious flair for fashion.

Since the theme on Art With No Boundaries this month is to share a little bit about what inspires you to create,  my little blur about my new series probably says it best. "This collection comes from deep within my imagination, my love of art, personal insecurities and the need to become a better and happier person. I think that art should be an expression of who we are and the things that are important to us so I have created these designs to allow myself and others to say what is often on our minds."


The main focal point on both the ATCs in this post is Pirouette. She is one of four dancers I just created and she is the first to b released. In the ATC above, I've added no color  because I wanted everyone to see how drop dead gorgeous she is all by her self. The second ATC has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine using paper stumps.

Another thing I love my art, is that I get t say anything I want and my character designs always have coolest and most outrageous clothes. I think the sentiment fits perfectly too, you really are never too old to play with Paper dolls. :)




 I've added both these ATCs to the Art With No Boundaries challenge. Although I spend alot of time creating digital designs, it is nice when I get to plaything with them too.

Pirouette is playing in the following challenges
Art With No Boundaries: Express Yourself
Anything Goes: Anything Goes 
Creative Card Crew: Seeing Red

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Chris these are just fabulous!! I love the red/black/white colour theme on the first one - very striking and smart looking!! Love the colours you have used for Pirouette on the second one and the cute little embellishments!!

Vicki Romaine said...

Chris, I really love these new designs. They are so much fun to color. I want to do one using black and white as I especially like your black and white card -so effective.

CTgirl said...

Chris, I just love both your creations, but the black red & white ATC is my favourite! I really like the idea that one can use the images without colouring them because they already have so much detail!
The images are just fabulous!!
Rene

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh Chris - these really are gorgeous. I love this image, the paper doll one is my all-time favorite! :) I also like that you can create without coloring, unique and fun! xoxo

Ellis said...

The new collections are simply gorgeous, love them! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Annette said...

Amazing and fun cards!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
Hugs Annette

2amscrapper said...

lovin' this challenge and what you did with it.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two fantastic creations, love them.