Friday, November 11, 2011

CS Designs Angeline Hidden Beauty

Angeline is one of my new Christmas Digital Designs. I made her with Christmas in mind but once I saw her in print something totally different emerged in my mind. I decided she needed to be just a little bit Goth and therefore the black and purple. I especially like the little red halos around her eyes, kind of how I look after I have spent too long drawing on my computer. The painted layer peeking behind the red one was done with a page from an old art supply catalog and various colors of acrylic washes. The beads are all hand rolled paper and Angeline has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless turpentine. Once I colored Angeline and saw how different she looked, The words for the sentiment just popped into my head and seem to fit perfectly. Perhaps we should always look deeper than what is on the surface, what we fine might just surprise us.

While not your usual Angel, she is still beautiful if you look deep enough. Her Angelic personality seems to shine through no matter what color she is and hope you like her too.


This Art Tag was created for the current challenge Angels or Wings at Art With No Boundaries Challenge Blog which is sponsored by CS Designs

You can view more of my Christmas Digital Collection Here.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges Angeline is Playing in:
Art With No Boundaries: Angels or Wings
 Ruby's Rainbow: Things with Wings
 Crafty Catz Weekly: Use a Digital
Cas-ual Fridays: Tag

9 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh she is sweet! Love that she looks a bit more real than a typical angel..LOL

Sharon said...

Chris this is a gorgeous tag - I love the colours you have used - they look really great toegther!! You new "Angeline" image is sooo cute!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is gorgeous, love the colors you used! I am just about to color my Angeline up today! :) xo

Janette said...

Hi Chris, this is so sweet and what a beautiful sentiment, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Basslady said...

this is so georgeous and cute!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card

Thank you for joining us this time at Ruby's Rainbow, hope you will join us again soon xx

Laura Davis said...

Awesome!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Michele Gross said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Debbie said...

She is too cute for words Chris! Beautiful sentiment! Great design! Your colouring rocks!

Debbie
^..^