Monday, October 24, 2011

CS Designs Priscilla's Pumpkin Outfit Step Card

I have been wanting to make a step card for some time now  and this week I finally got up the nerve to try it. One of the reasons it took me so long to dive in is because I thought it would be difficult but in reality it was quite easy and alot of fun. I am more of a fan of ATCs and Tag Art but I really like how this card turned out and think I will be playing with this type of card again. I though about posting a template but there are so many around I figured it would be rather like re-inventing the wheel so decided against it. If you would like to try one of these yourself, just do a search on Google for step cared template and you will find several to choose from.

The main design on this card is from my original Precious Priscilla Digital Stamp Series and this one is her in her Pumpkin Outfit all ready for Halloween. Priscilla has been colored with Prismacolor penciled and blended with odorless turpentine. The sentiment if from my Halloween, Goth & Macabre Sentiments. 



 

Become A Follower:
If you like my art, please become a follower of my Doodle Pieces blog by clicking on the Join this Site button on the side bar on the left.

If you came to this post through some other way than my home post, please have a look at the rest of my blog
http://doodlepieces.blogspot.com/

Don't forget to check out the October/Halloween Challenge this week at
Art With No Boundaries.


Priscilla is Playing in the following challenges
Art With No Boundaries: October/Halloween
Make It Monday: Link Party
Sentimental Sundays: Halloween + Sentiment
2 Sisters Challenge: Pumpkin Patch
All Sorts Challenge:  Halloween
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenge: Layer Upon Layer
Inspire Me Fridays: Link Party
Crafts for Eternity:  Metal Embellishment Recipe.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

What a fantastic card Chris!!! Love the "folds" and Priscilla is gorgeous!!! LOL love that sentiment too!!

Lizzie said...

Lovely card. Thanks for Joining us this week at C4E.
Liz

Lisa M said...

Amazing first easel card. It looks like you've been making them for years. :) Gorgeous rich colors and perfectly complimented embellishments. Really enjoy the brass "bling" as well.
Great job on this one.

Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
Lisa xx

Nicola said...

Beautiful step card Chris, so glad you tried it and enjoyed! Fab image and sentiment too!
Thanks for entering our Halloween challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

pinky said...

Very cute. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Loz said...

Your step card if Fantastic Chris..Saw this on MIM..Loz

Debs M said...

great papers and love her, saw it on mim x

Fleur said...

Wow this is fab, I love the fun image
Thank you so much for entering my Halloween challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

michele said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week! hugs x