Sunday, July 17, 2011

CS Designs Something Different

I just made this Art tag and I must say I have fallen in love with this color combination. The focal point of this tag is one of my original Arty Expression #1 digital designs and although she can be quiet pleasant to look at, here she is has an aura which is  little on the darker side. I always I like to create much of my own elements to use in my art and the purple backgrounds used here are pieces of my doodle art and the green textured background is oil pastels. The beads are hand made, which I have colored with pigment ink.

I had so much fun participating in a few challenges around the web a couple of weeks ago that I decided to try it again this week. Some of the challenges I decided to join this week are quite different from the usual challenges you see all over. You might want to check them out yourself.


Goth, Steampunk and the Macabre:
Forever Night is a brand new challenge blog which is caters to the more unusual, and edgy Art. If you want a break from the usual cute and cuddly go have a look this new blog, their challenges will focus on Goth, Steampunk and the Macabre. Favorite Background: That’s the latest challenge on Vicki Romaine’s Cheerful Stamp Pad. I have always loved making my own backgrounds and have pretty much tried every background technique imaginable even making my own hand screen paper but my all around favorite has to be my hand drawn doodle paper. I use this on everything. It’s quick and therapeutic and looks really cool at the same time. Even the tiniest piece makes a great impact. I used a Pigma Micron 05 permanent black pen but any other kind or color pen will do.


More Challenges or Linky Parties Joined this week.
Denzina World / Green & Purples Color Challenge What great colors All of July 
Three of Anything / Challenge at Freshly Brewed.  / My pieces contains 3 hand rolled paper beads.
Creative Belli Blog
#21Custom made Bellies. / My handmade Paper Beads
Make It Monday / #47 Link Party / Favorite Project

CS Designs Challenge Blog: CS Designs also now has challenges ever week. We would love for you to join us so please go check out the

If you like my art 
Become a Follower of my Doodle Pieces
  so yo can keep up to date when I post something new.

If you came to my blog through this post please visit the rest of my Doodle Pieces blog by clicking on the Home button on the top navigation bar or
Here / Visit the rest of my Doodle Pieces Blog

17 comments:

Michele said...

this is simply gorgeous! thank you for joining the "my favorite background" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad!

Sharon said...

Love this Chris - it's great!!! Love the colours and how you have coloured around her eyes!!!Fantastic tag!!!!

Tammy Miller said...

Very cool love it!

Forever Night said...

Your tag turned our de-vine Thank you for taking part in our 'welcome" challenge at Forever Night Challenge :)

Vicki Romaine said...

I love this background. The colors are so rich.

StampDancer said...

Awesome tag!

Marlene said...

Very cool! Turned out beautifully. Saw it on Make it Monday.

Eemeli said...

Great! Love that intense image and your coloring is awesome. Saw this on Make It Monday and wanted to stop by to say hi ^^
Hugs from Finland, Eemeli

Dana said...

I saw your tag on Make it Monday and came for a closer look - it is really beautiful! I love the color combination you used and your coloring and doodling is awesome.

acreativeneed said...

Very cool, I like the edgy look of this tag! I saw this on Make it Monday!
smiles,Deena

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful tag - gorgeous colours and love the beads
Thanks for joining us at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Fot said...

Oh My Goodness, Im loving this FABULOUS! the face is amazing.Thank-you for sharing your creative talent with us.~ADORABLE my friend ,I'm peeking in from the " Make It Monday" blog :-)
scrappingmamma ~

bora said...

I saw your card on Make it Monday and it`s gorgeous! I can feel this girl staring at me!

Sandy said...

A great arty tag, love the paper beads and the colours are wonderful - your image is fantastic, I saw your creation on Make It Monday, good luck,
Sandy

Kathlene said...

Wow, saw this on Make it Monday and had to come over and gaze some more. Love the coloring and color palette and those beads are gorgeous! TFS.

Dezinaworld said...

Ohhh Chris this is stunning. I love the handcrafted beads and the wonderful Layers and colour. fabulous tag my friend,thanks again for joining in the spot prize challenge. I will do the draw for that tomorrow.
Hugs June xxxx

Ambrella (Catherine) said...

It's fabulous. I love colors used.
Hugs