Sunday, July 24, 2011

CS Designs Fabulous Finds

 What can you do with a bit of colored wire and some cheap beads?


I live in a rural community with not alot of great shopping in the art department so I often have to recycle and find ways to make my own unique embellishments. The other day I was visiting a neighboring town and found the most wonderful colored wire for under $3.00 a package. Needless to say I bought every color they had, as well as a small round nose pliers to work with it. What a great day, I was in 7th heaven and then I happened to find a dollar store and picked up some really great beads at a $1.00 a package. Who can resist such Fabulous Finds. I couldn't wait to play with my new toys and have been making my own Head pins as well as little Bead pins which I can use in my art. It's great that you can make such cool things with so little and very little cost. Above is a photo of some of the wire I purchased as well as some of the little Bead Pins and Head Pins I made. I can't wait to try them out in my Art work. Blow are also some of the Head Pins I made as well as one of the little coiled embellishments I though would look good dangled on an Art Tag. Wouldn't these look really cool with a small bead or glass sequent in the middle of the coil. I'm definitely going to have to try that one.

To make these little bits of coolness all you have to do is coil the wire around and around after you get the initial loop. The size of your circle will depend on how many times you coil your wire around and how widely your spread your wraps. The only other thing you will need besides wire is round nose and needle nose pliers and small wire cutters. Sometimes the other two come with the wire cutter part included. I purchased small round nose pliers for about $6.00

Are you into recycling or finding wonderful things to use in your own Art, if so you might enjoy our ongoing discussion Resourceful Recycles and Fabulous Finds on my CS Designs Group on Paper Craft Planet. We'd love for you to come join us and share your inventive Recycling ideas and Fabulous Finds.


If you like my art 
Become a Follower of my Doodle Pieces
  so yo can keep up to date when I post something new.

Inspire Me Fridays / Joyful Stamper..... I just found this challenge and my first thought was to submit some of my original paper art, but after giving it some thought I decided that I really wanted to share this post with everyone.  I hope this will inspire others to create their own unique wire embellishments.They're alot of fun to make and really quite simple. Hope to see yours :)

If you came to my blog through this post please visit the rest of my Doodle Pieces blog by clicking on the Home button on the top navigation bar or
Here / Visit the rest of my Doodle Pieces Blog

12 comments:

CTgirl said...

Fabulous & inspirational! The coloured wire is just so lovely! I have some wire that I bought for jewelery and haven't used....mmmhhh.

Sharon said...

Chris these are soooo amazing - wow they are much better and more unique than the florist pins that are the rage at the moment - I want to make some of these too - they are so inspiring!!! The wire was a great find for you and those beads certainly don't look cheap!!!! Fantastic creations!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh these are really neat! I love the swirls and the added beads are wonderful! You may just start a trend!

2amscrapper said...

I love that wire!

Jingle said...

These are SO pretty! You do such great work! I love them!!!

Maria Matter said...

Wow, I'm so glad you decided to share Chris, this is a great idea!! Very inspiring!!!
hugs

craftattack said...

Love your pins, Chris, they are unusual as well as beautiful! And what bargains you got, I wish that dollar store was nearer to me! Valerie

Heather said...

your pins are so neat! I like your tags too on your previous posts! i enjoyed my visit!

Lynn Stevens said...

very cool. great little pins

Anonymous said...

wonderful pins Chris!!!!!!!!! great idea. STill love your work as it is just very eclectic!!! Hugs Gerrie

Terry said...

Well I for one love your stick pins and lovely tags! Happy to be your newest follower!

Sandy said...

Wow, you are very creative!!