Monday, July 18, 2011

CS Designs Color is Everything

Another Unusual Art Tag. This tag used the same Arty Expression #1 I used in my previous post, but the colors have changed dramatically. This time it's all about red and she's gotten a little spidery with here eye make up. The red and black background  as well as the handmade beads are some of my doodle art.


The Color Red:
I have always found the color red very dramatic but I don’t use it as much as I would like. I like the fact that red can be romantic and passionate, have an aggressive attitude or be very hot depending on how you use it. When I saw the Summer of Color challenge on Twinkle, Twinkle, was red I knew I had to submit my Red and Black Art Tag. She is bold, looks a little intimidating and even a little bit on the wicked side. You definitely don't see many like her walking around and hope you like her.

More Challenges joined with this Art Tag
Paper Take Weekly Challenge: Hot, Hot, Hot / Color Challenge, Red
Night Shift Stamping / # 75 Ribbon
Forever Night Welcome Challenge


CS Designs Weekly Challenge:
CS Designs also now has challenges ever week. We would love for you to join us so please go check out the CS Designs Challenge Blog

If you like my art 
Become a Follower of my Doodle Pieces
  so yo can keep up to date when I post something new.

19 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh yes, she's got attitude! Great artwork, love the use of the beads too.

Sharon said...

Fantastic tag Chris and a great RED creation!!! Amazing image and love how you have coloured her - great eye makeup!!! I always love your handmade beads too - you are so clever!!! And I love that it's "different" and "arty"!!!!!

linda said...

Love the black with the red, very dramatic. She certainly has attitude. Love it!

Mandy said...

this is really fantastic...everything about this...love how you wrapped the papers around to create the bead like bits...xxx

Sandi said...

Oh I do love ATTITUDE! And yes she has it big time - great tag Chris!

missy k said...

I can feel the ATTITUDE from here! Love it!

sugar Creek said...

This is wonderful! I like her make-up very much!

Kindred Spirit said...

This tag is full of *attitude*! Nice work :)
xo Joanna

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

She does look a little intimidating...but, I love it! I think red and black is such a great color combo. Thank you for sharing your tag!

Netty said...

Oh wow, wonderful tag for the Summer of Colour. x

Caro *schoki* said...

WoW how gorgeous - love the eyes!

Vicki said...

Black and red are always dramatic to me too. I look forward to checking out your challenge blog

Christine said...

REALLY COOL TAG - FEELING THE ATTITUDE

Kristin said...

Oh, I'm so glad you did! Thank you for joining in and for sharing this very cool - very modern tag with us. It is just fabulous, xo

Melodie said...

wow....so striking!!

PokSa said...

Beautiful work. Great style.
Thanks for joining us at the NSS Challenge.
xx Sandra

Ella said...

I love the drama, her expression and the way red plays off the black n' white. Great job!

Noemi said...

It is fantastic!!
I love the rolled pieces of paper you have used to make the string for the tag.

creatingme said...

oh attitude indeed! wonderful!